Thursday, January 24, 2008

Why do I want to be county Judge?

The weather service is calling for possible sleet and freezing rain tonight and Friday morning so please be careful driving.

I am asked almost every day "why do you want to be county judge?" That is a fair and relevant question, and here is my answer.

I would like to be county judge to serve the people of Howard county. One of the nicest compliments I ever received was from a lady that I had the opportunity to help as an EMT and then later in another capacity,at the second meeting she said "first as an EMT and now this, you are always serving". I feel that we all have a duty to help our communities and I do my best by being a servant.

I have always believed that the best way to lead is to serve. In all of my jobs in public safety I have tried to be a servant of the public. As I served in these jobs I began to see ways for local government to work for the betterment of all of Howard County. I want to help improve roads,communications ,emergency services,and county government services for everyone in the county.

My promise to each and everyone of you is that I will listen to your concerns. I will be courteous in my dealings with you. I will, as I have proven in the past, put the public welfare above my own.

I am convinced Howard county can have a bright and prosperous future.

I want to be county judge to serve the people of this county.

Remember the campaign kickoff at the Howard county fair barn on February 9th beginning at 6:00 pm.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." - Isaiah 30:21