Saturday, February 2, 2008

The other side

Working as an EMT, I see one side of patient care. I recently got to see the other side of it. Last Friday a virus and I collided and the virus won. I tried to tough it out but by Sunday afternoon I had rigors and was in the ER at Howard Memorial. This is tougher than you think because working with the ER staff every day, you know they are going to have a lot of sugestions for you, these suggestions generaly include a lot of pain. I was really hoping the Ambulance wouldn't come in while I was there because I knew they would have a lot of remedies. Unfortunateley the ambulance did come in, and they did have a lot of suggestions and each suggestion involved a lot of discomfort for me.
Fotunately for me the doctors didn't listen to any of thier suggestions. That won't stop me from offering my ideas when I find them in the ER.Thats what friends are for.
The down side of this was that I was not able to attend the Chamber Banquet last Monday.In fact I wasn't able to do much of anything until Thursday.I understand the banquet was a tremendous success and That chamber manager Tammie Smith did an excellent job.My congratulations to her and to all the winners.
I plan on being at the Center Point chili supper tonite and hope to see you there.
Remember Campaign Kick off and fund raiser Febuary 9 at the Howard county Fair Barn at 6:00 pm.

No comments: