Thursday, March 20, 2008

tuesdays' storms

Around 9:00pm Tuesday I was called about flooding on hwy 371 west of Nashville.The report was of a foot of water on the highway.I left home and arrived about 15 minutes later and there was only about 2 to 3 inches of water flowing across the road.The hwy dept arrived and placed warning barrels.I went up county line road north and there were several places where water was over the road.I then traveled down hwy 355 and there were several places that culverts just could not carry the water and water had crossed over the highway.The MS fire dept placed cones at the most dangerous one.I didn't get called any more that night.However there was significant damage to county roads and today I learned of damage to a chicken house in the Dierks area.
This is one of the reasons I want to be your county judge.There are programs to help with the cost of the repair to these roads.I have dealt with these programs and know how they work.The county judge needs to be out and observing the storm damage as soon as possible,and I will be.
We will have storm damages in Howard county in the future.I have dealt with this and want to continue to serve Howard county with the experience I have gained.
If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

No comments: