Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Howard county Campaign trail

I have always tried to go to benefits especialy for fire departments.I always enjoy them and the people there.
I can't remember how many events Sharon and I have been to this year.I got to speak to the senior adults at the Howard county Senior citizens center,and this was really enjoyable because many people there knew my grandparents and my parents.I've been to the Howard county Cattlemans association twice and these people are the foundation of our country,because a nation is only as strong as its food supply.
The Democratic party of Howard county sponsored a fish fry.All the local candidates spoke and we had plenty of fish,I've never eaten all the fish I wanted but I have eaten all I could hold and I did that night.
Last Saturday We went to Center Point for the fire Department Benefit.As usual the food was excellent , the entertainment great and I understand the benefit was very successful.
The county line Fire Department was a great success.
This weekend is the peach festival at Nashville and there will be something for everyone.I am planning on having a booth there so stop by and say hi.
Saturday night I will be at the Athens/Umpire Fire Department benefit.Please come out and support these groups.
Many of you know my lab,Chas,well Chas is missing so Sharon and I are driving around looking for him.If you don't know Chas he is a large,100lbs,yellow lab with a brown leather collar.If you see him please give me a call.

No comments: