Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 Hopes

Here are a few things I hope for in 2009.
1- That the people who asked for me to vote for them will remember what they told me they would try to do.
2-That we can get the 24 hours of "certifiable" training mess cleaned up or that at least some body will be able to give me a straight answer when I ask a question.
3-That ADEM will realize that they need to deal with local responders when developing plans,procedures,guidelines,policy,etc. If NIMS is required teach it in every county,PLEASE.
4- That the state fire marshals office will actually become involved with all depts in the state.
5 That Medical First Responders will be recognized at the state level.
6-That I will be faithful to Jesus Christ , my Lord and Saviour .
7- That we standardize command vehicle parking , Some places don't have rail road tracks.
8- That I get to meet many more of the unselfish people who give so much to the people of this state through emergency services

2 comments:

Tonya said...

AMEN TO THIS POST!!

These are definitely things we need in our Firefighter / First Responder lives!

Especially #2, #3, #4, #5!!

I'm tired of every department doing something different. I am also tired of Emergency First Responders not getting the recognition we deserve on a state level for providing the care that we provide for the patients we care for!

Very well done post... stay safe out there.

Anonymous said...

I have been with the volunteer fire service at Lonsdale since 1983, and served with Hot Springs FD from july 1993 till july 2008. One thing i want is for the vols and career depts to work as a team. There is a place for both. Also they both have needs and both need to realize the others needs. Also the 24 hour training, nims, and ics headaches.